1) Promote adoption of reasonable domestic/public and foreign policies by Armenia, which will strengthen Armenia’s political, military, economic, energy, environmental, health, societal, agricultural, technological securities, provide progress in these fields, will further regional and global peace and security and support civilized international relations.
2) Propose solutions to meet various challenges to Armenia’s foreign and domestic security policies, international relations, stabile development and progress, predict emerging problems, risks and possibilities, develop new aspects of investigation, create a platform to respond them by the government, businessmen and the public.
3) In the face of proposals to meet numerous challenges and problems that the state, the society and the citizen face, make investment in country’s democracy, security and development, improve policies and process of decision-making through researches and analysis, suggest variety of solutions to urgent issues through analyzing their advantages and disadvantages, formulate precise political recommendations and support their realization;
4) Work out vigorous, pragmatic and principal national security and defense policies on the basis of expertise and experience of associate and member consultants of the Foundation, and integrate politicians, experts and the public in innovative and factual researches, ideas and analysis;
5) Develop, improve and enrich strategic discussions in and out of Armenia on national security, domestic/foreign policy and international issues, always keep the research agenda of the Foundation updated, and have greater impact with its timely and required researches, informing policy makers, parliamentarians, diplomats and experts on achieved understandings and choice;
6) Inform and prepare today’s and tomorrow’s leaders of national security, sectoral policy and civic society, promote stabilization of strong civil society, its participation in decision-making from international to internal/public and security policy issues;
7) Bridge policies’ world with independent analysis, serve as a common ground between experts and decision-makers at all levels, provide analytical-consulting support to modern international relations and domestic policy decision-makers, diplomats, state, political, economic figures, initiate public discussions and distribute expert knowledge;
8) Stimulate Armenia's integration in international and regional progressive institutions and areas, particularly in European civilization and economic area, support Armenia's state and public life, economic, social and other policies standards and legislation compliance and harmonization reforms to European guidelines;
9) Through research, scientific-educational, information, publication and other activities to make investment in human development, extend limits of people's knowledge on international and national issues and foster development of knowledgeable and informed society, which will have an active participation in the development of state-public governance and agendas;
10) Set forth free, innovative and international ideas and perspectives to fight back 21st century security (geopolitical, economic, energy, environmental, health, agricultural, societal, information, technological and etc.) and conflict challenges from a short-term to a long-term basis.
1) Security is a state of freedom from any internal and external threat for the state and the society, their institutions (executive, legislative powers and judiciary, central and local governments) and all systems (defense, political, economic, societal, cultural, information, etc.), and for the citizens;
2) Sovereignty of the country, its freedom to independently conduct foreign and domestic policies, capabilities of central and local governments to implement reasonable and human-oriented public policies, conscious, self-determined, rightful and risk-free citizens and society are both objects, indicators and cornerstones for national security;
3) Foreign and domestic policies of the country, security of the society, the state and its citizen as a whole, and all social systems are closely interconnected, supportive and complementary to each other;
4) Challenges of global and regional security impacts on internal stability and national security of the country, and vice versa;
5) Security policies imply not only managing the existing or potential threats and risks for the above-mentioned objects through their forecast, mitigation or neutralization, but through providing the sustainable national development (political, economic, societal, cultural, human and so forth);
6) The society and the citizen are not only security-consumers, but actors capable to become a security-provider when realize, develop and execute their potential, knowledge and right, and contribute to stable, democratic and developing Armenia’s strengthening and progress, and furthering peace and stability in the region;
7) The best possible awareness and knowledge of the citizens and the society on internal and external developments that impact on Armenia’s and regional security, their participation in shaping the country’s social-political agenda and decision-making is an essential element to ensure security and democratic governance;
8) To intervene in processes impacting on the security of the state, the society and their institutions and systems, as well as human security, immediate and timely actions should be undertaken, if necessary, by appropriate people and institutions, and through means and methods relevant to the sensitivity of the object and the situation;
9) Decision-making on international and national issues should be anchored on the knowledge derived from reliable, sound and bold researches;
10) Peoples’ enlarged and profound knowledge on the power entitles them with a power of knowledge and capabilities to impact on process.